I am writing a 10-week summary for the #weeklyhivecharitygiveaway
20 weeks and 4 days ago, on May 27th, 2020, we first announced the Weekly Hive Charity Giveaway.
19 weeks and 5 days we officially launched week 1 on June 2nd, 2020.
We have also had a total of 27 unique participants.
We have collected a total of 168 $HBD since then.
This means $84 HBD was collected for @papilloncharity and $84 HBD was rewarded in 20 different prizes for 1st and 2nd place draws.
I made a pie graph:
My apologies if you name isn't on here, google only puts on the top 20 names, so a few who only sent 1 $HBD total are missing.
I also made a chart.
We also collected some direct donations
We collected a total of 59.6 $HIVE and 1.333 $HBD in donations from 10 unique accounts.
All $HIVE sent is a donation, any $HBD not in a multiple of 1 is a donation, any $HBD specified as a donation is a donation. All donations went to @papilloncharity.
I made another chart
We also received a lot of help
- @papilloncharity has been the beneficiary of the #weeklyhivecharitygiveaway and received all donations and 50% of all prizes for his charity. The charity draw was his idea and he is the owner of the @combination account.
- @tarazkp has been giving a lot of advice and counselling. He is a benefactor who has given a 10000 HP delegation to @combination so it can follow excellent curators and vote on posts to collect some curation rewards.
- @abitcoinskpetic has been running the charity draw for the first 10 weeks, the #verifiableRNG system was set up by him, draws have been done by him and the weekly posts (including this one) have been written by him.
- Resulting from the delegation and post rewards we have collected a total of 530.969 HP. When this account is powered down it belongs to @papilloncharity.
- We also have 12.434 $HBD from post rewards. This belongs to @papilloncharity.
- 138 days have passed since we first started collecting donations on June 2nd. 50% of the collections is 84 $HBD, we also received 1.333 $HBD in donations for a total of 85.333 $HBD and 59.6 $HIVE.
- Hive is currently worth $0.15 and $HBD is currently worth $0.86, so the total collected is $73.70 in $HBD and $8.95 in $HIVE. for a grand total of $82.65 or an average of just under 60 cents a day.
I, @abitcoinskeptic will be stepping down from my role doing the draw.
On average I have been spending an hour or 2 depending on the week managing this. The role has been satisfying and I learned a lot.
My work has been entirely volunteering. I have never collected any rewards, donations, etc or received any compensation. I do not want any.
Unfortunately, I have a lot going on in the real world with other work and stuff. I barely post on Hive in my own account. I'm not a drama queen, don't worry I'm not quitting, I'll do that when I can manage.
As soon as I publish this, I will send the 12.434 $HBD in the @combination wallet which are the liquid post rewards to @papilloncharity as a donation. After I will immediately delete the private posting and active keys from the @combination account. I suggest the password is changed, too. I don't have the owner key so I cannot do that.
I hope everything has been extremely transparent.
I will stay on in some capacity to help train anyone who ends up replacing me and make sure the week 11 and such work as expected.
- read the older posts explaining it, try the RNG tool to produce the same results, etc). I can also give you my python script if you know how to use that but the tool is easy.
Finally, I have full confidence in @papillonchairty and everyone else and I want to emphasize, this has nothing to do with our relationship, the charity, Hive or anything unrelated to my personal life.
- I'm sure there will be an announcement regarding whoever replaces @abitcoinskeptic. If week 11 takes longer than expected don't worry because everything is stored on the blockchain. Your patience is appreciated.
- We have another exciting announcement and you will find out soon enough.